Skip to content
Quantity: Makes 1 litre
- 600ml cream
- 400ml milk
- 40g glucose
- 160g Beach Organics Ground Traditional Coconut Palm Sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 Beach Organics Vanilla Pod
- Combine cream, milk, glucose and scraped out vanilla pod in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add caster sugar to the yolks and whisk together until light and a little pale.
- In a separate bowl spoon a little of the cream mixture over the palm sugar to dissolve.
- When the cream mixture starts boiling and raising up the sides of the pot, take off the heat and pour slowly over the egg yolks, whisking constantly until combine.
- Add in the dissolved palm sugar and place bowl over boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly until it coats the back of the spoon.
- Strain if required and cool in fridge until you churn or freeze.